The main maritime routes that connect Europe with the South Atlantic and the Indian Ocean, particularly the connections with West Africa, flow in front of its coast. Its location in the southwest of Tenerife is halfway between the capital and the tourist areas of the south.
Polígono Industrial de Granadilla S.A. has, as its main purpose, to urbanize the aforementioned industrial area and to make it available to companies interested in developing industrial, logistic or commercial activities in the Canary Islands area.
Given the public nature of this entity, the commercialization of industrial plots and warehouses is carried out by seeking, as an essential action criteria, to attract projects that promote the general interest.
Specifically, it is intended to favor: the creation of quality jobs, the implementation of high added value activities that improve our trade balance, those with a technological and innovative component, those that support other activities already present in the area, those that require connection with the port and the airport and, in general, those that involve a diversification of our economy.
The location of Polígono Industrial de Granadilla is privileged since it is placed between an international airport and an industrial and container transshipment port. It has direct access to the TF-1 highway and to the future Southern train. In addition, it is equipped with a fiber optic telecommunications network and has an assured supply of quality energy, gas and water.
Having the described features of an intermodal transport hub, Polígono Industrial de Granadilla has a potential impact on traffic to and from Tenerife, and the rest of the Canary Islands, as well as on traffic connecting Europe with Africa and South America.
Polígono Industrial de Granadilla S.A. is the owner of the land and the promoter of the urban development activities in the area mentioned above. Its main objective is the creation of an industrial land in order to allow the attraction of business projects that will lead into the creation of employment and the development of activities with high added value.
Business partnership participation
- Cabildo Insular de Tenerife 40% 40%
- Gobierno de Canarias 40% 40%
- Ayuntamiento de Granadilla de Abona 10% 10%
- SEPES Entidad Pública Empresarial de Suelo 10% 10%
Polígono Industrial de Granadilla is an industrial and logistics area located in Tenerife, Canary Islands, in the municipality of Granadilla de Abona. It covers an area of 700 hectares situated between the TF-1 highway and the coastline, where the Port of Granadilla is found. Its delimitation includes, together with the industrial plots and the commercial and service facilities, extensive endowments of natural spaces and rustic land for the protection of its infrastructures.
Años de servicio
The main social objective of Polígono Industrial de Granadilla is the urbanization of its area of operation and the commercialization of the plots of land; as a result of this process, it seeks to attract projects that favor the general interest. Following its objectives, Polígono also has an equally important target: to collaborate with the industrialists that are implanted in Polígono by providing services that have an impact on the following aspects, associated with the start-up and healthy development of the projects.
- Providing the necessary urban planning information for the preparation of industrial and infrastructure projects, particularly with regard to the availability and capacity of Polígono's infrastructures in its supply connection to each plot.
- Technical support for processing building licenses and activity licenses at the Granadilla City Council.
- Information and follow-up during the contracting process of different public services and the connection to the corresponding infrastructures.
- En colaboración con entidades dedicadas a la formación laborar, habilitar instalaciones para el desarrollo de todo tipo de cursos relacionados con diferentes actividades industriales y con el manejo de equipamiento pesado.
- In collaboration with the Granadilla City Council, Business Associations and the University of La Laguna, courses, technical seminars, debates and conferences are being given using the facilities of Polígono as a connection for students and teachers with the business world.
Renovation and improvement of infrastructure:
Polígono Industrial de Granadilla keeps track of all facilities and service networks, co-managing with the City Council their conservation. It is also responsible for any capacity expansions that may be necessary to adapt the infrastructures to the real demands and to the legislation in force at any given time.
Polígono Industrial de Granadilla collaborates with different entities to provide itself with new service networks, such as natural gas or fiber optic telecommunications lines, both of which have a significant impact on the activity of the resident companies.
- Make the headquarters of Polígono Industrial de Granadilla and its facilities available to resident companies for meetings, conferences, commercial presentations and activities related to business associations.
- Encourage the presence of contents referring to Polígono and its resident companies in the Information Society, collaborating in the opening of connection channels.
- In collaboration with the Granadilla City Council, a municipal management office has been set up at our headquarters to facilitate, for resident companies, the processing of general matters and contact with the Local Development Entity.
- In collaboration with the Local Development Entity, a database is being managed, which includes personnel with different professional qualifications as well as small and medium local companies, at the disposal of interested companies.
- In collaboration with the Tenerife Island Cabildo and the Granadilla City Council, some lands are set up where several essential services can be located ,while the urbanization of Polígono is being completed, as is the case of large parking lots for heavy vehicles or the provision of compact desalination plants for water supply.